Hey y'all! As promised on Instagram and FaceBook this morning here is this delicious muffin recipe. I told ya you wouldn't believe what was in the muffins and let me tell ya you would never guess that these muffins were made with carrots! Better yet no oil/butter or milk! So lets get right to it shall we!
What you will need:
- 1 and 1/4 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Organic sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 10 Cherries, roughly chopped
- 2 Small carrots, finely grated
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or use cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, organic sugar, and applesauce until together until no brown sugar lumps remain - a fork works well to break up the brown sugar here.
- Add the beaten egg until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry until just combined - do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Allow muffins to cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com