Rissa here with a quick tip. I don't know about y'all but it seems like every time I buy berries or grapes they start getting soft and going bad by day 2 or 3. Well I snagged up a lil tip from Pinterest to help me with this pesky little problem. With a little time and preparation those berries will last up to a week if you don't eat them all first! So here's what ya need to do.
Get yo self the following items:
|Bowls for soaking and storing|
|Apple Cider Vinegar|
|And your berries, cherries and grapes of course!|
Now here is what ya gonna do:
- Fill your bowls with water, add about a cap-ful of apple cider vinegar to the water and stir it up.
- Add your fruit to the water vinegar mix and let soak for about 5-10 minutes. Be careful not to soak them too long or the fruit WILL have a vinegar taste and that is not good at all. Trust me I know from experience! Yuck!
- Drain the fruit in your strainer and rinse out the bowls.
- Fill the bowls with just water to soak the fruit again for another 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the fruit and place it on a clean, dry, towel like the picture above to allow the fruit to dry completely. This step is very important, the fruit has to be completely dry before placing it in the fridge to avoid premature molding and softening.
- Once the fruit is completely dry place it in clean, dry, bowls for storing in the fridge.
|All ready for the fridge!|
That easy and now you can have tasty fruit that is clean and ready to eat!
How do you store your fruit to avoid molding? Leave your tip in the comment section below!
Enjoy and happy eating!