Oh Snap Gingersnaps!
adapted from SkinnyMs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Sucanat (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground allspice, nutmeg, and sea salt
1. Cream together oil and Sucanat.
2. Add Egg and molasses then mix in spices, baking soda and salt.
3. Add flour and mix well. If needed you may add up to 1/2 cup more flour to get a good dough consistency.
5. Place on cookie sheet press down gently with hand to flatten.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes longer if you like crunchy Ginger Snaps.
7. Let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from pan to cooling rack.
Enjoy and Eat Clean!