1 Clove garlic-minced
1/2 Red Pepper-chopped
1/2 Green Pepper-chopped
1 Carrot-finely grated
1/2 Cup salsa
1-2 Tbsps Taco seasoning
1lb Ground Turkey
1 Can black beans-drained
1 Can pinto beans-drained
Grated cheese of choice
Toppings of choice (cherry tomato, sour cream, salsa)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan on medium heat, add garlic and onions to flavor the oil.
- Add ground turkey, cook until brown and drain if necessary.
- Season the turkey with taco seasoning and salsa. (I used this homemade taco seasoning recipe.)
- Add carrots, peppers and beans and cook for about 5 more minutes and adding water or broth as needed.
- To make the mini tortillas, use a can or cookie cutter the size of a muffin tin cup to cut out the circles.
- Spray the muffin tin and tortillas with olive oil and assemble your mini tacos as desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas crisp a bit on 350
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Happy healthy eating!