Rissa here with another great tip!
So now that you all have made your very own Powder Laundry Detergent you guys could use a recipe for homemade Fabric Softener!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1-2 Qts. Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 1 tsp. Essential Oil of your choice (lavender, lemongrass, orange)
- 1 Empty bottle (I used an empty fabric softener bottle)
|Distilled White Vinegar|
|Vegetable Glycerin (Available here )|
|Lavender E.O. (Available here)|
|An empty bottle|
Here's what to do:
- Combine all the ingredients in the bottle.
- Shake the bottle to mix well.
|Adding the Glycerin|
|Shake, shake, shake...shake, shake, shake...shake your bottle!|
How to use:
- Use 1/4-1/2 Cup per load (* I use The Downy Ball)
We have been using this homemade fabric softener for a few months now and I am pleased with how it works. Now if you like the way that store bought softeners make your clothes smell then this may not be for you. I particularly don't care for the fragrance of store bought softeners so it works for me.
Here are some interesting facts about the Homemade Fabric Softener:
-The vinegar helps to remove residue from store bought detergents/fabric softener
-Makes clothes soft and wrinkle free
-Safe for sensitive skin and babies
Do you make your own Fabric Softener? Share your recipe in the comment section.
Happy Laundry Doing!